As a new 2013 Schoolhouse Review Crew Member, I am pleased to share with you a relatively new website: SchoolhouseTeachers.com; it is a division of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. For having launched in Spring 2012, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is jam packed with resources for homeschooling your PreK/Elementary, Middle, and/or High School Student(s).
- Kim Kautzer of WriteShop, Inc. who shares daily writing lessons and prompts
- Terri Johnson of Knowledge Quest, who shares lessons in Geography
- Jason Lindsey of HookedOnScience.org who shares easy to do science experiments at home
- Adam Andrews, who uses the Teaching the Classics approach to teaching literature
- etc, etc, etc!!!
I personally love that I can sit in the comfort of my own home and browse through the many lesson plans already created; there is something wonderful about receiving lesson ideas with tea or coffee in hand while still in your pj's... no one will know ; )
With just recently giving birth to baby number 3, I look forward to using activities and lessons from these areas as it'll save me time looking to find "meaningful" lessons to fill our days while in a period of transition. With a 5 year old, 21 month old, and newborn.... time is money.
- Pre-K Activities: Read & Play
- Ditch the Desk: Hands on Activities K-5
- Everyday Easels (art lessons)
- Everyday Explorers: USA
- Everyday Games (my son LOVES games-- and it's an added bonus that they are educational!)
Check out SchoolhouseTeachers.com today!
For more reviews on SchoolhouseTeachers.com, visit the SchoolHouse Review Crew & read more!
Disclaimer: I received a free subscription of this product through the Schoolhouse Review Crew in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any way. All opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.