Today's fine motor activity was inspired by my latest trip to the Dollar Store! I picked up some Halloween colored test tubes and small spiders with the intention of a simple pouring activity for our "All Things Halloween" preschool theme, but quickly the idea morphed into an invitation to make some Halloween Soup!
p.s. If Halloween Soup isn't your thing, mix up some Bottle Cap Soup instead!
- Containers for Pouring Elements; we used the Test Tubes
- Small Halloween-ish manipulatives: spiders, googly eyes, black & orange colored beads, fake leaves, plastic spiders, glass-like pumpkins.
- Large bowl
- Spoons, Tweezers, Tongs, etc.
To set up this Invitation to Pour & Scoop, I presented my kiddos with a bowl of water and the test tubes filled with colored water and manipulatives.
"Let's make some soup!"
My 3 year old wasn't quite sure what to do or think, but surprisingly my 7 year old jumped in and started pouring, scooping, and mixing up a batch of "yummy" spider and eyeball soup! Shortly after, my 3 year old started playng, too.
Plenty of opportunities to work on fine motor skills by just letting them play and explore!
- Paracord Craft for Preschoolers from Craftulate
- Pumpkin Decorating for Fine Motor Skills from P is for Preschooler
- Oil Painting from Powerful Mothering
- Hide and Seek Spiders from Still Playing School
- Fine Motor Spider Painting from House of Burke
- Hanging Spider Craft for Preschoolers from Stir the Wonder
- Embroidery Hoop Pumpkins from Lalymom
- Fall Counting Game from Little Bins for Little Hands
Thanks for joining us today!
©2011-2014 School Time Snippets. All rights reserved. You are free to link back to my website but all text, photos, and other content may not be reproduced without the written consent of the author.