October 15, 2011
'virtual owl pellet.' In T's words, "this is so cool, mom." This was a great week; not only did T enjoy the book, but he enjoyed learning and kept asking me for more!
- "Owl Moon shows a relationship between a father and his child," so we talked about special times T has had with his dad-- going to the movies, sports events, and Monster Jam.
- There are certain rules that the little girl had to follow while owling, so we briefly touched on the "Rules of the House," ie. no hitting, clean your room, put toys away, etc... or, there will be consequences.
|Who's owl will fly into the night first?|
- Roll & Color Addition worksheet of an owl.
- Worked on T's understanding of hours, half-an-hour, and minutes on a clock. I am pretty sure he understands an hour, and a half-an-hour, but he didn't quite get how to tell minutes. We used my cheapie dollar store foam clock and a watched a DVD, "Telling Time," which was very catchy and fun to watch!
- Made an Owl Mosaic using cut up paint chips
|I love Fall!|