Roll and cover math games are a fun way to practice counting on, simple addition, and comparing sets. Add some fun mini eraser manipulatives, and you have yourself a fun hands-on math game.
post contains affiliate links.
Recently I shared my love for Target's Dollar Spot by using some mini eraser rabbits in a math inspired sensory bin. We've played Stack the Erasers-- perfect for fine motor skills, and with our most recent mini eraser set, I've created a cute spring themed Roll and Cover Math Game.
Fun Free Math Game
I used some clipart you may have noticed from our popular What's Hiding in the Grass Scissor Skills Activity and created a simple math game using mini eraser manipulatives and a die.
You could set up this activity for one or more players.
To play, have your child roll the die and place that many butterflies on the printable. I've included 20 little blue dots on the printable to help keep track of counting.
As I mentioned this can be a one or two player game.
If playing with two players, either:
1. print out two sheets and each player tries to be the first to fill up their gameboard with mini eraser butterlies.
2. Use one sheet, but have each player choose a color of a butterfly. Once the gameboard is full, count each color to see who has the most.
Another option to play is by practicing subtraction and filling up the gameboard with 20 butterflies and then taking butterflies out of the garden with each roll of the die.
However you choose to play, I think (and hope) this game will be a big hit with your kiddos, too!!
Download and print your Bugs in the Garden Roll and Cover Game.
- do not alter, copy, distribute, or sell printable.
- flower garden clipart licensed to mycutegraphics.com
Do you love Roll and Cover and/or Race To... Math Games, too? If so, check out these other fun activities we have shared:
- Working on numbers to 10, try this ladybug themed Roll and Cover printable. Or try counting to 10 with this ice cream scoop printable.
- Use a paint stick for this Race to 20 Game inspired by the Itsy Bitsy Spider.