- Personification-- I had a great idea for this lesson, but try finding stickers of just facial expressions... Yeah, well... I didn't! I did find something close, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.
- Creative Writing-- after pointing out personification in the story and in just about every Disney movie he loves, Big Brother wrote about a heart.
- Compound Words-- Printed and laminated some super cute compound word cards for T to match. Then we used our artistic abilities to draw our own!
- Made our own toilet paper tube Lighthouse
- Talked about the drawings contrasting the size of the bridge and lighthouse. He didn't have any interest in doing his own drawing...
- Learned How to Draw a Lighthouse
- Simple Paper Bridge Experiment-- here we asked the question, "Does the shape of a bridge affect how much weight it is able to carry?" The answer is, "Yes! Design matters!"
- Read some books and checked out a website to learn more about Lighthouses and light keepers.
- Built model bridges and determined which bridge is the weakest and which was the strongest. Found this experiment in "Fun Science Projects: Making Shapes" by Gary Gibson.
New York Coloring Page
Lighthouse Hidden Picture
Lighthouse Unit from Chestnut Grove Academy
Little Red Lighthouse from Academy at Thousand Oaks
Little Red Lighthouse Row from Delightful Learning