Playdough Search and Count: Preschool Math Activity
We will be getting more into the Valentine's spirit in the upcoming weeks, but until then I wanted to share an easy to put together preschool math tray involving play dough and heart shaped manipulatives I picked up from the Dollar Store.
What you'll need:
heart shaped manipulatives
To set up this Play Dough Search and Count Math Activity, place a number in each 'section' of your tray. Next add a certain amount of manipulatives into the play dough and work it into a ball.
Invite your child over to dig and search through the play dough to find the heart shaped manipulatives.
Once they have all been found in the play dough ball, count the manipulatives, and put them in the section of the tray with the same number.
Our Play Dough Search and Count Math Activity and be used with any type of small manipulative, but is a great way to reinforce counting, number recognition, and fine motor skills! Thanks for joining us for Fine Motor Friday!
More Fine Motor Activities from my fellow co-hosts:
- Fine Motor Space Alien from Stir the Wonder
- Valentine Sewing Craft from Craftulate
- Journaling with Stickers from And Next Comes L
- Fizzing Hearts from Powerful Mothering
- Hearts Math Game from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Elsa Gloves for Frozen Inspired Pretend Play from Still Playing School
- 12 Kids Valentine’s Day Cards for Fine Motor Skills from Lalymom
Need more fine motor ideas? Check out our latest book!
©2011-2015 School Time Snippets. All rights reserved. You are free to link back to my website but all text, photos, and other content may not be reproduced without the written consent of the author.