Counting Coins Math Game & Printable
Going on a Coin Hunt is a great, hands-on activity to practice counting coins. Your child will also partake in a scavenger hunt, which is always a guaranteed fun time and practice writing the amount of change.
post may contain affiliate links.Today's 2nd Grade Blogging Team theme is Money. At the bottom of the post you'll find all sorts of other great money themed activities, so be sure to check those out!
Cool Math Games for Kids
Our money themed activity focuses on counting coins with a little scavenger hunt thrown in for fun. Hope you have your Easter eggs handy!
To prep the activity, print out our Coin Hunt recording sheet. Gather 14 Easter eggs and number them 1-14. Place coins in each egg equaling a different amount and as you put coins in, write the amounts down for a self-check sheet. We used real coins, but Melissa and Doug's Play Money Set is a great alternative.
Print your free Coin Hunt Recording Sheet now!
Here are some other great Money activities for your 2nd graders!
- Chemical Reactions with Pennies from Creative Family Fun
- Money Activities for Second Grade from Look! We're Learning!
- Money Math Problems for 1st-3rd Grade from Planet Smarty Pants
- Counting Coins Scavenger Hunt from School Time Snippets
- Skip counting nickels and dimes from Sugar Aunts
- Free Money Fractions and Probability Activity from Life Over C's
More Hands-on Learning activities from School Time Snippets:
©2011-2015 School Time Snippets. All rights reserved. You are free to link back to my website but all text, photos, and other content may not be reproduced without the written consent of the author.