Five In A Row's, Storm In The Night
"Storm in the Night" by Mary Stolz, is a book filled with dialogue shared between Thomas and his grandfather. As you would gather from the title, they are in the midst of a storm and Thomas' grandfather shares a story of overcoming his fear of thunderstorms when he was a boy. While this wasn't my favorite story, there are two lessons worth noting:
- one's reality is based on his/her perceptions
- giving into a spirit of fear makes us forget *the truth* But thankful for God's word reminding us, He did not give us a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind." Amen!
- The manual suggested talking about "Quotation Marks," which was perfect because it was also Halloween; I found a great go-along using the poem, Five Little Pumpkins to get my point across.
- Learned how to draw eyes looking different directions
- Five sense poem (see Language Arts)
Linked up to:
Weather Blog Hop