Note I am no food photographer! Wish I were though... they can make any dish look appetizing! You cannot tell much, but our jello pie is purple.
- There was not a lesson in the manual, so I took this time to review all of the places we've visited during our FIAR journey! T remembered the location of France, Italy, Russia, and Canada but many others he had forgotten.
- Skip Counting-- We reviewed skip counting by 2's and 5's and I introduced skip counting by 3's and 4's. T completed Skip Counting by 2's, 3's, and 4's mazes that I made. We also briefly talked about Multiplication... which that, and learning Cursive Writing, were some of my favorite things learned in Third Grade!
- Fractions-- using printables from Homeschool Share we talked about 1 Whole, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, and 1/8.
- Melted Crayon Canvas Art- just for fun and because I have been wanting to do one of these for the past couple of months! We made it for his cousin! Such a cool gift!
- Draw the Story-- thought this would be a neat activity to engage T more into the story; as I read it, he drew what was happening on a looooooooong sheet of paper covering the wall. He became Harold!
- Shades of Purple-- mixed different amounts of red and blue to make different shades of purple. Didn't turn out that well, maybe because I dipped the paint with a q-tip. Food coloring may have been better?!
- Transportation Sort-- found these pictures on TpT and had T sorted them by land, air, or sea.
- Phases of the Moon-- I found a song about the phases of the moon on TpT that we watched and listened to several times; we have talked about phases before, so this was also a good review on some basic facts. I cut out 5 phases of the moon and had T put them in order.
- Moon Crater Experiment-- I filled a pan with flour and hot cocoa mix and we dropped several marbles and bouncy balls to create craters! We both got a bit messy!
Next week we are reading, "If Jesus Came to My House." It is a book from B4FIAR that we never got around to last year. Thanks for stopping bye!