I must say that I am in love with our Yarn Wrapped Rainbow that I am sharing today.
I may be a bit biased, but I think it turned out so beautiful.
It's colorful, festive, and works on strengthening those fine motor muscles.
A fun spring themed craft for kids!
post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for your support.
Yarn Wrapped Craft for Kids
We made little miniature Yarn Wrapped Rainbows with:
- cardboard shaped rainbows
- yarn-- we used Lion Brand Bonbons: Crayons.
- cotton balls
To prep for the activity, I cut several pieces of colored yarn and laid them on the table.
Also on the table was the cardboard shaped rainbows I made from an empty fruit snack box.
I colored in the colors of the rainbow to work on color recognition with my toddler, and I also think it helped fill in any gaps of yarn.
To keep the yarn from unraveling, I cut slits on the top and bottom of the rainbow.
Start wrapping the red yarn over the red colored section of the rainbow, or start anywhere you like! It's a very simple craft for you kiddos; start with one color and move onto the next until you are ready for the next color.
Little Sis did need help getting the yarn tucked into the slits, but otherwise, she knew just what to do... and did it well!
Big Brother enjoyed this activity, too.
He even completed my rainbow for me!
Once you are finished wrapping the colors to make a rainbow, take a cotton ball and glue it to each end of the rainbow.
For some extra fine motor fun, have your kiddos work at pulling and stretching the cotton ball apart.
Simple and beautiful! Hope it adds a little color and Spring thinking wherever you are!
More fine motor activities:
- Hammering Water Beads from Lalymom
- Easter Fine Motor Activity with Tongs from Craftulate
- Wind Sock Craft from Stir the Wonder
- Spring Fine Motor Mini Activity Tray from Little Bins for Little Hands
- 20 Ways Siblings Can Help with a New Baby from Still Playing School
- Easy Box & Pipe Cleaner Fine Motor Activity from Powerful Mothering
- Color Mixing Fine Motor Activities from Racheous- Loveable Learning
Looking for more Color activities? Stay a while and check out our Color crafts and learning activities!
I'd love for you to follow along so you never miss out on one of our fun activities we share at School Time Snippets!