Stack the Coins Fine Motor Money Game
Stack the Coins Money Game was part of Little Sis's My Big Green Pocketbook Preschool Activities, however I've learned to adapt many of the things I create for her to include Big Brother because he enjoys playing games and surely doesn't want to be left out of the fun! It is a super easy game to "beef up" for the older kiddos or keep simple for the younger ones.post may contain affiliate links.
Grab plenty of coins; we used our Money Set from Melissa and Doug, a wooden block, and some double-sided tape.
Cool Preschool Math Game
I taped one coin on four faces of the block. On the two empty faces left, I wrote "Add All Four Coins" in pencil.
Stack the Coins was a great introduction to coins and sorting for my preschooler, a way for the three of us to play together, and for my 7 year old to practice adding and writing the total value of coins. And it was also a way to encourage fine motor skills and coordination! You know how much we love to share fine motor activities!
1. Roll the wooden block
2. Add the coin(s).
3. Continue playing until tower falls over
4. For the older ones, add up the value! For the younger ones, sort the coins!
5. Play again!
More great fine motor ideas for you!
- Fine Motor Christmas Crafts and Activities for Kids from Still Playing School
- Leaf Activities for Fine Motor Science from Little Bins For Little Hand
- Easy Shape & Pattern Activity from Powerful Mothering
- Printable Turkey Placemats from Lalymom
If you haven't already, check out our new Ebook for 99 more great fine motor ideas at your fingertips!
©2011-2014 School Time Snippets. All rights reserved. You are free to link back to my website but all text, photos, and other content may not be reproduced without the written consent of the author.