Silhouettes are a fun art technique to explore.
Recently, my 8 year old made a Scarecrow Silhouette to get ready for the impending Fall season.
It was a fun homeschool art project to fill our afternoon.
post may contain affiliate links.
We are not currently following an art curriculum, but visit art concepts as the mood strikes.
Thus, I had to go searching for a way to explain what a silhouette is and came upon the definition from Wikipedia:
"A silhouette is the image of a person, animal, object or scene represented as a solid shape of a single colour, usually black [...] The interior of a silhouette is featureless, and the whole is typically presented on a light background [...].
Silhouette Art Project for Kids
With that definition in mind, I presented my son with some watercolor paints and a silhouette of a scarecrow.
After painting his background he added silhouettes of other objects, too.
It was a fun, festive art project to fill the afternoon!
More Scarecrow Inspired Learning Activities:
More Art Inspired Posts from School Time Snippets:
- Free Scarecrow Expanded Form Memory Game from Life Over C's
- Scarecrow Syllables for Second Grade from Look! We're Learning!
- Make a Scarecrow Literacy Game from Planet Smarty Pants
- Scarecrow Measures from Crafty Kids at Home
- Scarecrow Compound Word Match Game from Creative Family Fun
- Scarecrow Place Value Math from Sugar Aunts
- Scarecrow Craft with Landscape from Sallie Borrink Learning
I'd love for you to follow along so you never
miss out on one of our fun activities we share at School Time Snippets!