Top Social

Color Matching Bunny Tails Fine Motor Activity

This color matching activity is a perfect way to work on fine motor skills with your toddler.  This learning activity also works on color recognition, too!

Color Matching Bunny Tails is a simple and engaging activity for your toddler or preschooler.  It is a perfect spring themed fine motor skills activity!  It also works on color recognition with the young ones.

I mean, how cute is this bunny tail activity?!  And bonus that it incorporates very important skills for toddlers and preschoolers!

toddler fine motor skills spring activity color matching bunny tails

I am loving being able to share fine motor skills activities with you through our Fine Motor Fridays series!  I'm a big fan of incorporating color into our activities, hence our Color Matching Velcro Tower.  Yep, I love velcro, colors, & clothespins -- OH MY!

post may contain affiliate links.

Spring Fine Motor Skills Activity

This matching bunny tails activity works on color recognition and fine motor skills.  I also think the tiny clothespins we used required extra hand-eye coordination and concentration.

What You Need:

Color Matching Bunny Tails

Making the rabbits was the most time consuming part of the whole activity.  I found a rabbit template that I liked online and with a little free hand alterations, I came up with something I was happy with.

I traced my template onto cardboard and the scrapbook paper, and then cut them out. I used cardboard so that the bunnies would be a bit more sturdy while being used with little hands, although, if you have access to a laminator, you could skip the cardboard.

Next, glue your pom poms onto the clothespins.

Finally, invite your child to come explore, match colors, and work on his/her fine motor skills.

spring fine motor activity

All three kiddos had their hands on this activity at the very same time, so needless to say I don't have very many good pictures as someone was always moving and/or in the way.

Have your child match the color bunny tail to the corresponding color bunny.  However, allow for free play and have your child work on their fine motor skills by mix and matching bunny tails, too!

Spring fine motor skills activity for toddlers
Try this adorable color matching activity with your toddler or preschooler this spring!

Practice counting the bunnies.

Say the color names.

Work on fine motor skills.

For a competitive kiddo, try timing him/her to see how fast they can match all the bunny tails to the correct bunny.

Hid the bunny tails around the house for a scavenger hunt.

Save the activity in a ziplock bag for road trips, appointments, dinner time, etc.!

Make up a story!

Hoppy color matching! hehe!

toddler fine motor spring activity

You might also like 25 Spring Fine Motor Skills Activities.

More fine motor activities:

99 fine motor ideas for ages 1 to 5
18 comments on "Color Matching Bunny Tails Fine Motor Activity"
  1. Still Playing School9:15 AM, March 07, 2014

Adorable and useful! I love it!

2. Tina...SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! Xo

ReplyDelete
  3. I really love fine motor Fridays! My son needs all the help he can get with his chubby sausage fingers! ;)

ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable...I want to play with them!!

5. Darla@pschooltoolbox10:42 PM, March 11, 2014

Love this activity! Brilliant Easter-themed color matching! Thanks, again, for sharing today!

ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I love this. I'll be featuring you tomorrow on Share It Saturday. Thanks for linking up!

7. School Time Snippets9:51 AM, March 15, 2014

Not gonna lie, I played with them too! Ha!
    Thanks for commenting!

8. School Time Snippets9:51 AM, March 15, 2014

Thank you, Darla! It was a little involved in preparations on my end, but it'll be a great activity to break out often!

9. School Time Snippets9:52 AM, March 15, 2014

Little late in responding, but I am SO glad you love this series! It has been a fun one for all of us to take part in : ) Enjoy this and all the other activities!

ReplyDelete
  10. Spring crafts always seem to be so pretty and colorful and this one is no exception! So, so cute! My daughter loves rabbits and I know she'll love it!!

ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I love the rabbits. Would you please post where you found the template - or post your own modified version? That would be such a blessing!

ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! This is the cutest activity! Kids will love this so much they won't even realize they're getting a fine motor workout! :) Can't wait to try this with my kids at school - love that I could change up the size and type of clip based on age and ability level!

13. School Time Snippets8:17 PM, March 29, 2014

Thanks Claire! Glad you like them and can use this activity with your kiddos!

14. School Time Snippets8:19 PM, March 29, 2014

Ruth, I don't recall where I found the template. I just googled bunny images/ clipart and worked with one of them. Maybe check out pixabay for a template? If not, I'll try and trace my bunnies, scan them, and upload them... Not even sure that would work, but I could try if you don't find anything else. Let me know!

ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable color matching activity!

ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! I found some - I just think yours are the cutest!

ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! I thought I replied yesterday, but I don't see it, so I probably didn't finish it. I did find some images like you said, but I still think yours is the cutest!!

18. School Time Snippets10:17 PM, April 05, 2014

Oh thanks, Ruth! I'm glad you found something that would work. I just wasn't sure I'd be able to scan them-- never done it! But if I remember, I may try it!

ReplyDelete

I'd Love to Hear From You!