Free Printable Shape Mats Using Left-overs!
Add in some fine motor skills strengthening while learning about shapes with left-over spaghetti noodles! Makes for a fun sensory experience preschoolers are sure to love!
post may contain affiliate links.
With a small leftover batch of spaghetti and a few of our printable shape mats, my toddler and preschooler worked on fine motor skills, shapes and color recognition, and had a bit of sensory play!
To set up this activity, warm up a batch of leftover spaghetti or make a small fresh batch.
Print and laminate our shape mats.
Printable Shape Mats for Preschool
Set out a bowl of noodles and encourage your child to outline the shape with noodles! So fun! There are 10 shapes to choose from or work on them all-- circle, square, rectangle, rhombus, hexagon, pentagon, octagon, star, oval, and triangle.
This activity can also work on snack time, too!
If spaghetti noodles aren't your thing, simply use the shape mats with various loose parts or play dough.
Enjoy your Shape Mats!
And check out these fine motor activities from other FMF Cohosts!
- Fine Motor Jello Pumpkin Hunt from Craftulate
- Astronaut Fine Motor Training from Stir the Wonder
- Exploring Shapes with Noodles from School Time Snippets
- Weaving Board from Still Playing School
- 10 Fine Motor Fall Activities with Everyday Items from Fine Motor Ideas
- Fall Sensory Bottles from Little Bins for Little Hands
More Shape Activities:
I'd love for you to follow along so you never
miss out on one of our fun activities we share at School Time Snippets!