Printable Area and Perimeter Task Cards Using LEGO
post contains Amazon affiliate links.There are so many fun ways to use LEGO's in your homeschool learning activities. We have used them to practice grouping, alphabetical order, STEM challenge, and more! Today we are teaming up with the Early Elementary Blogging Team and sharing a way your early elementary student can learn with LEGO's or LEGO Duplos. Earlier this week, we explored math concepts such as area and perimeter using LEGO Duplos.
Using a small basket of LEGO Duplos, my son worked through the Area and Perimeter Task Cards I created.
Cool Math Activity for Kids
My son filled a shape on each task card to calculate the area and perimeter. Using LEGO's as a unit of measurement is a great hands-on way to introduce the concept of area and perimeter to your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grader. To keep things simple each LEGO Duplo measured 1 unit for area and perimeter.
I laminated the Area and Perimeter Task Cards and included a card in which my son had to come up with his own shape and then calculate the area and perimeter.
Our Area and Perimeter Task Cards were made with a lot of love and I almost shed a few tears! However, after all the time I put into them, I hope you are able to use them too in your homeschool or classroom. Enjoy!
Download your Area and Perimeter Task Cards Here!
Scallop Border Licensed to Free Your Heart
More Hands-on Math Activities:
More Early Elementary LEGO Learning Activities:
- LEGO Classification - Printable Diagrams from Life Over C's
- LEGO number line for Addition and Subtraction from In The Playroom
- Hands-On Synonym Blocks Matching Game from Raising Little Superhereos
- Spelling With LEGOS! from Preschool Powol Packets
- LEGO Boat Engineering Challenge from Handmade Kids Art
- Using LEGO to find Syllables from Rainy Day Mum
- Area and Perimeter with Lego Duplos from School Time Snippets
- Plural Nouns with LEGO from Still Playing School
- Combinations of Ten Using Lego Figures from Lemon Lime Adventures
- How to do an Lego Engineering Project for Kindergarten, First, or Second Grade from Thriving STEM
- Estimating and Probability with LEGO from Planet Smarty Pants
- Lego Bar Graphs for First Grade from Look We're Learning
- LEGO Irregular Verb Matching Activity for Second Grade from Sugar Aunts
- Exploring Symmetry with a Lego Firefly from Crafty Kids at Home
- Pick Two: A Fun LEGO Math Game from Creative Family Fun
©2011-2016 School Time Snippets. All rights reserved. You are free to link back to my website but all text, photos, and other content may not be reproduced without the written consent of the author.