Find and Clip the Letter Fine Motor Activity
In keeping with Back to School themed activities the past couple of days, we have yet another one that works on fine motor skills and letter recognition. Find and Clip the Letter is a great activity for your child working through the alphabet. Today we are sharing this activity for Bb is for Bus, but this can be adaptable to any letter or theme!
- mini clothespins
- Foam bus
- black marker
Letter Recognition Fine Motor ActivityUsing a left over foam school bus from our Alphabet Adventure Letter Sort activity, I wrote Bb is for Bus in the middle and the letter B in various places around the edge of the bus. I then outlined the rest of the bus with the rest of the letters in random order. Another way to make this activity is to use construction paper and laminate it for durability.
I pulled out some tiny clothespins and encouraged my 2 year old to find all the letter B's around the bus and clip them using the tiny clothespins. As he searched for the letter B's we talked about the sound that it makes and some other words that start with the letter.
More Alphabet Activities:
More Fine Motor Activities:
- Paperclip Counting 1-20 (Free Printable) from Powerful Mothering
- Back to School Pencil Frame Craft from Stir the Wonder
- Fine Motor School Bus Activity from Craftulate
- Fine Motor Bead Art from P is for Preschooler
- Pool Noodles & Rubber Bands Fine Motor Activity from And Next Comes L
- Back to School Sensory Maze from Lalymom
- Crayon and Playdough Color Sort from House of Burke
©2011-2015 School Time Snippets. All rights reserved. You are free to link back to my website but all text, photos, and other content may not be reproduced without the written consent of the author.